Wednesday, May 5, 2010


These amaze me,Giant air plane props against the sky!
That is what I first thought when I saw the very first one when I was younger.
But,actually these are windmills,and no they are not in Holland.
They are all around in different areas.
They supply the power from the wind to generate electricity.
I just love to look at them from a distance.
If you are every lucky enough to be near one when the winds are really whipping up,
you will hear a very strange sound coming from them.
Although I like to look at them, I often wonder, what if a blade needed to be fixed ,
or the tower needed repair. Who is going to climb that high?
You could not have a fear of height to be able to work on them.
They set so high it puts a cramp in your neck from looking up at it.
I think that the power source is a good idea, but honestly....
Can't they be made smaller? And generate just as much power.

No comments: