Thursday, April 22, 2010

I came home from work in the summer of 2004 to this hanging on my window shutter.
I had never seen anything like this before and at first I thought "what an odd leaf" .
Needless to say I was wrong! I looked closer and found the antenna.
I did not touch this creature as I was not sure if it would be dangerous to touch.
I quickly went to the computer and typed in butterlfies, but nothing came up.
I then typed in Moths and sure enough it has a name,this my friends is a Luna moth.
This moth would have been a treasure to capture and keep ,but as we all know,
wild things live longer if left in their own habitat,so, I did just that. I got my picture and then I watched the moth for a while and when I went in to make lunch that day and came back out the Luna Moth had flown away.

No comments: